On day 5, Samira had a CT scan. This scan was , finally, the test that would show if something more was causing Samira’s sufferings. On day 6 the team of Dr’s, along with the cardiologist came to talk about what they had discovered & what the treatment plan would be.
Now, I’m not sure if its the way they presented the news, or having God close to heart that made this such a relief. Actually, I’m sure its more of the latter, but a combination of both. After all, discovering your daughter will need to undergo a such a surgery is difficult to news to recieve.
Around this time, the Dr’s determined our main objective was to get Samira over her virus (obvi!) then keep her isolated in the hospital until her scheduled operation. Now, around day 8-ish (I can’t remember) Samira was completely off oxygen and doing well on room air. Thankfully, she had little signs of a virus, great sats & was back to her normal self again. Unfortunately though, she continued to have small episodes where she was unable to breathe. Because these still continued to happen, it was decided that Samira will stay in the hospital despite being “back to normal.” And when I say normal, I mean HER normal, which included these scary episodes even when she wasn’t sick. Indeed, the risk of this happening outside of the hospital is just too high to be discharged & wait at home for the 22nd.
So this meant our stay was going to be much longer than we had anticipated. And of course, this meant we had to make Samira feel as much at home as possible. Her home away from home, couldn’t feel more homey <- yes its actually word..haha, not to be mistaken for homie 😛
Daddy brought her baby cage so she could resume learning to roll over & Soriya and I ran a few errands, grabbed a few things, and got to work…
(am I the only mom who can sniff out a Hobby Lobby even a few miles away!?)